Where Do I Begin?
- Assess your current state of fitness and cycling ability by going for a ride on your bike. See how far you can go comfortably now. This is your base mileage when figuring out your training plan for the Tour de Cure Women's Series.
- Register for one of the Tour de Cure Women's Series events, so you have access to our sample training plans (you will receive a Cyclist Guide once you register). You can use this training plan to help you reach distances from 30-miles to 100-miles.
- Always consult with your physician before beginning any new exercise program.
- Plan your schedule to make time for training. It is suggested to train at least 8-12 week prior to the event.
- Every week or two, increase that distance by no more than 10-15 miles, or less if your base mileage is less than 20 miles.
- Continue building your longest ride to date until you've reached your target distance, ideally at least two weeks before the Tour.
- Ride a combination of long distances at a moderate pace and shorter.