About the Events
The Tour de Cure Women’s Series is the newest fundraising cycling event to benefit the American Diabetes Association. The Tour de Cure Women’s Series is similar to the regular Tour de Cure events that take place in 44-states nationwide, but this event focuses on the passion and commitment of women who want to help us stop this deadly disease!
The Women’s Series is a ride, not a race, with routes designed for everyone from the occasional rider to the experienced cyclist. Whether you ride 10 miles or 100 miles, you will travel a route supported from start to finish with rest stops, food to fuel the journey and fans to cheer you on!
In 2014 there will be two Tour de Cure Women’s Series events to choose from each with their own character and style—from unique starting points to gorgeous scenery and more! This year you can either choose Southern California or Northern California depending on where your heart might take you.
Your Tour de Cure Women’s Series experience will include:
- A special expo and happy hour the night before the ride. This event will have fashionable freebies, massages and much more! This pre-event is also a great chance to meet other women that will be riding right alongside you!
- Arrive the morning of the event or at the expo the evening prior to get your rider number and turn in any donations.
- Enjoy a fully catered breakfast and have a stretch before making your way to the starting line where there will be plenty of mirrors and photographers to capture your beauty!
- Our Opening Ceremonies will inspire you to have a great ride for a great reason. The Red Riders lead everyone out—they are why we ride!
- Take advantage of the full route support provided: SAG cars and motorcycles keeping an eye on the roads to keep you safe; bike mechanics for any equipment issues; full rest stops with food and drink to keep you energized and hydrated. The best part is the camaraderie you will experience with all of the other riders on the course!
- Ride the well-marked and beautiful routes from rolling farmland to ocean views, city streets, some serious hills and smooth, flat roads. Both Women’s Series events have great routes for you to choose from in various distances and levels for beginners through experienced cyclists.
- Cross the finish line proudly then meet up with friends, family or teammates and have a delicious lunch. Enjoy all of the finish line festivities—it’s a party for our participants! Have a massage, visit our sponsor and vendor booths, listen to the music/entertainment, visit the kid’s zone and enjoy a great afternoon being spoiled!
Many people will participate in the Tour de Cure Women’s Series for the cycling challenge or just for the ride, but the camaraderie and friendships you will make will be the real reward. You will also be able to smile knowing that every mile we ride and every dollar we raise brings us that much closer to stopping this disease that affects over 26 million Americans.