Change The Future Of Diabetes
The Tour de Cure Women's Series is more than a great day on a bike. How many opportunities do you get to change the future? If current trends continue, 1 in 3 children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime. You can help change that trend by raising important funds for the American Diabetes Association. Donations raised will go towards educational outreach, advocacy efforts and critical research that will ultimately Stop Diabetes once and for all.
The Tour de Cure Women's Series riders are responsible for collecting donations to meet the fundraising minimum in order to participate; it powers our services to the 25.8 million children and adults with diabetes until there is a cure. We're here to help you reach and exceed that minimum with easy-to-use tools and resources. When you register, a personal page is created for you that makes it easy to reach out to everyone in your email contact list in only a few minutes. Our local Tour de Cure coordinator and online support staff are available by phone, chat or email to help you get started and answer any questions you have. We've put the fun in FUNdraising for you!
Below are a few helpful fundraising tips as you get started on your fundraising:
- Connect your donors to our mission; include facts about why you are supporting the ADA and the Tour de Cure Women's Series.
- Utilize your personal webpage provided by the ADA and personalize it with "why you ride" from the very start. Let your donors know your reason(s) for riding. Everyone has a story so don't be shy about sharing your own.
- Send emails to friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, fellow church members, old classmates–you never know who has been touched by diabetes.
- Set a high but not impossible goal and share this goal with everyone!
- Double your money by applying for a matching gift. Be sure to check with your company to see if matching gifts are offered. You can also ask any of your donors if their donations are eligible to be matched by their companies too.
- Use the power of social media to reach your contact and fundraise on Facebook! We have a fundraising app that will connect your Facebook page to your online Tour webpage making online fundraising a snap!
- Form a team and fundraise even more with a group of like-minded women!
These tips are just a few of the things we suggest to our riders but we're also here to provide you with a personalized experience so please reach out to your local Tour staff to talk about other ways in which you can fundraise successfully!