Welcome Team Lilly!
Lilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. For more than 90 years, we have worked to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and a continued commitment to providing real solutions—from medicines to support programs and more.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Lilly Diabetes is joining the American Diabetes Association (ADA) as a national sponsor of the 2016 Tour de Cure, the ADA's annual nationwide cycling event. This signature event, an important fundraiser for the ADA, attracts more than 60,000 riders across 41 states. Ninety Tour events take place between March 2016 and November 2016.
- In 2015, Lilly employees, their families and friends joined together nationwide to form 72 teams with 735 team riders, helping to raise over $220,000 for people with diabetes.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE WELCOMELilly employees from throughout the company and across the United States are encouraged to form or join a team. Friends and family members of all ages are welcome to participate, too. The Tour de Cure provides a unique opportunity for us to:
- Connect with each other, through a fun and healthy activity; and
- Connect with the diabetes community, by supporting the ADA and the millions of people whose lives are affected by diabetes
The Tour de Cure offers a variety of bike ride options, with routes for everyone—from kids and adults, beginning riders to seasoned cyclists. This is the only national cycling event that reaches both the occasional rider and the serious cyclist.
PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR DE CURE
Everyone is welcome to join one of the many teams within our Lilly National Team, whether they choose to ride or not!
RIDE IN THE TOUR
- Find your functional team leader and consider joining their team.
- Find Lilly's Cycling Club Team, Eli Lilly Inspired by Diabetes, and consider joining this team.
- Serve as a Team Captain and create a Lilly Tour cycling Team of colleagues, friends and family.
- Click JOIN AN EXISTING TEAM above.
- Search for a particular team by entering the "Team Name" and click SEARCH.
- "Team Lilly" should already be in the "Team Company" National Team pull-down menu if you entered "registration" from the Lilly National Team page.
- Find your team name and click JOIN TEAM.
- Complete the registration process online and you're all set.
- Click CREATE A NEW TEAM above.
- Find your Tour, go to the event site and click "FORM A TEAM."
- Enter your team's name in the box.
- Team names should follow this naming convention - 'Lilly', business unit or function, then location such as "Lilly Diabetes - Indianapolis". Please review important guidelines for creating Lilly Tour Team names below.
- "Team Lilly" should already be in the “Team Company” National Team pull-down menu if you entered “registration” from the Lilly National Team page.
- Enter your team fundraising goal as well as the goal for the number of members you will recruit.
- Click the "next step" button, complete the registration process online and you're all set.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR CREATING LILLY TOUR TEAM NAMESShow your pride in your workgroup! Create a team name that includes "Lilly", your business unit, function or club name, and location such as:
- Lilly Diabetes - Indianapolis
- Lilly Cycling Club - Indianapolis
- Lilly Finance - Indianapolis
- Lilly Diabetes Sales - San Francisco
DONATE OR VOLUNTEER
- Click DONATE at the top of the page.
- You will be asked to search for a rider or a team.
- Select the rider's name or the team's name and complete the donation process online.
- Employees who are unable to ride in their local Tour de Cure event are encouraged to donate toward their local Lilly team's fundraising goal and to participate in local events associated with the races.
- Consider working at a Lilly Exhibit Booth or a managing a Tour Rest Stop with your colleagues.
- Work with your local ADA coordinator to obtain further details on these two opportunities.
LILLY TEAM JERSEYS
Lilly employees on a Lilly Tour Team
- For the 2016 Tour de Cure, new Lilly Tour de Cure jerseys were created in accordance with the new Lilly Diabetes branding guidelines. However, in the spirit of being “cost conscience,” if you already have a Lilly Tour jersey from previous years, please consider wearing this jersey if it fits comfortably and if it is in decent shape. If this is not the case, field employees should contact their Lilly Tour Team Captain about ordering a new Lilly Tour jersey, and corporate employees should contact their Lilly Tour Team Captain or look for information about pre-registration events at Corporate. Thank you for your support and Tour participation!
- PLEASE NOTE - Lilly employees can receive a Tour jersey if they are on a registered Tour team, work at a Lilly exhibit booth at a Tour event, manage a Tour rest stop, or work on a Tour event in some capacity.
- Jerseys are unisex and available in most adult sizes (small, medium, large, X-L and XX-L) and while supplies last.
Friends and family on a Lilly Tour Team
- Friends and family can purchase a Lilly Tour de Cure jersey from the Lilly Logo Lab (www.bdasites.com/LillyLogoLab/Browse/LILDBA). This is an external site that friends and family can easily access from any computer.
- Friends and family may also use the jersey they purchased from the Lilly Logo Lab in 2014.
- Jerseys are $28.50. Shipping costs and local sales taxes will apply
- Jerseys are unisex and available in most adult sizes (small, medium, large, XL and 2XL) and while supplies last.
FOR LILLY EMPLOYEES - Lilly U.S. MATCHING GIFTS
- The Lilly Foundation will match Lilly employee personal donations of $25 or more. Eligible donations must be logged individually and not combined as a group effort.
- You can access the site under the Giving Back link on myLilly: LillyNet – (http://mylilly.am.lilly.com/US/employee/Pages/EmployeeHome.aspx.)
- To access the new site, go to:
- myLilly (Quick Links section) > Giving Back > Lilly U.S. Matching Gifts
- To access the new site, go to:
- Applying for a Lilly matching gift is an easy way to help team members increase their fundraising total and to further support this great cause!
- As an example, if a local event has a $200 fundraising minimum, an employee can donate $100 and apply for a Lilly match. This will fulfill the individual’s fundraising minimum for that event.
- When requesting a match, employees should select the ADA’s National Office.
- Enter “diabetes” in the Organization field, “Alexandria” in the City field.
- The correct ADA address will appear; click “Submit New Request.”
- Even though matching gift requests are being submitted to the ADA’s National Office, employees can be assured that their matching gift request will be attributed and credited to the Tour Event in which they participated.
- PLEASE NOTE - An employee “match” will not show up on the Lilly Team page or at the Individual rider Tour Center. Once an employee has applied for the Lilly “match,” the employee can consider his or her fundraising minimum fulfilled and complete. The ADA gives riders “credit” for the “match” as soon as the employee submits their donation and “matching” information. Employees can print their “matching request” confirmation email and bring it to their local event for added reassurance.
- When using PayPal to make a contribution, Lilly employees must be the owner of the PayPal account in order for a “matching” gift request to be appropriately processed. The ADA needs to be able to validate that the personal donation was in fact made by an eligible Lilly employee.
- For more information, visit the Lilly U.S. Matching Gifts Program on myLilly. If you have questions or need help submitting your matching gift request online, please contact the program’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-369-0733.