What You Can Expect at the Event!
The Tour de Cure is the signature fundraising event of the American Diabetes Association and our nation’s largest diabetes cycling event with over 50,000 participants in nearly 80 cities across the country.
The Tour is a ride, not a race, with a choice of routes designed for everyone from the occasional rider to the experienced cyclist that are fully supported start to finish with rest stops, mechanical support, safety marshals and food to fuel the journey along the way. Some Tour de Cure events also have opportunities to run or walk, as well!
Each Tour de Cure event has its own character and style—from unique starting points to gorgeous scenery and more! Choose your state and read more about your local Tour. No matter where you ride you'll enjoy a fun day on your bike for a great cause.
Your typical Tour de Cure experience:
- Arrive for your check-in time to get your rider number and turn in any donations
- Enjoy the breakfast provided and have a stretch before making your way to the starting line
- Our Opening Ceremonies will inspire you to have a great ride for a great cause. The Red Riders lead everyone out—they are why we ride!
- Take advantage of the full route support provided: SAG cars and motorcycles keeping an eye on the roads to keep you safe; bike mechanics for any equipment issues; full rest stops with food and drink to keep you energized and hydrated.
- Ride the well-marked and beautiful routes in each community across the nation: from rolling farmland to ocean views, city streets, some serious hills and smooth, flat roads. Every Tour has great routes for you to choose from in various distances and levels for beginners through experienced cyclists.
- You’ll be welcomed back across the finish line as a hero in the fight to Stop Diabetes!
- Meet up with friends, family or teammates and have a delicious lunch. Enjoy all of the finish line festivities—it’s a party for our participants! Have a massage*, visit our sponsor and vendor booths, listen to the music/entertainment, visit the kid’s zone* if you brought the family, or chat with fellow riders if you came solo. Spend a great afternoon in the company of friends.
*Amenities vary by location; see your local Tour page for details.
Many people will participate in the Tour de Cure for the camaraderie and cycling challenge, but the real reward comes in knowing that every mile we ride and every dollar we raise brings us that much closer to stopping this disease that affects over nearly 30-million Americans.
Sign up today and inspire others to join you! Click the Register button at the top of the page to get started.